Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anywhere but here, anything but work


This summer has been a bit of a bust, vacation-wise, for me. With a new high-pressure job, and bills to pay, I haven’t been able to do 1/50th of the things I dreamed of doing once I was finally emancipated from college. Its not even that work is so grueling, but just I usually run through a list every day of things I would rather be doing/places I would rather be. Here is my wish list today:








- Getting on the Tatsu at Magic Mountain
- Finishing up a morning wakeboard sesh at Lake Powell
- Watching a couple episodes from Prison Break season 3
- Riding Porcupine Rim in Moab
- Sitting in a canoe on the Green River with some red vines in my hand
- Shooting guns
- playing my guitar on the couch, watching the Olympics
- Riding to Sturgis
- eating some fresh tacos
- tooling around Washington DC
- scuba diving. Looking at small fish and other sea creatures.
- flying a paraglider
- wrassling with a dog
- kicking a soccer ball around
- magic dooring a movie
- learning about dinosaurs on the Discovery Channel
- watching the Dark Knight again
- carving a stick
- making nachos
- swimming
- watching Shark Week
- playing with a switch blade
- preparing a large bowl of ice cream
- playing with expensive guitars at Guitar Center
- jumping off some cliffs in Flaming Gorge
- depositing some money into my bank account

1 comment:

Adam said...

I hear you man. We will mark some of those things off in a few weeks.