Thursday, April 10, 2008

Secure in my masculinity


I just did something borderline h-mo... I am not sure why I feel it necessary to divulge such things in Spit Hot Fiyah, but maybe its to give you all a better insight as to what makes me tick, my quirks, my strengths, and my cunning. I'm kind of a funny guy.

Anyways, I just purchased 4 near-front row tickets to John Mayer, who will be shredding Salt Lake on July 21. These babies were expensive...thank Jah Jah for the Visa. Thats not all, I actually paid $25 a few days ago to join the Local-83, which is Mayer's official fan club. Local-83 members get first dibs on presale tickets, access to the pre-concert soundcheck, and a bunch of other crap. Clearly, you can see that paying club dues was necessary to ensure that I will be sitting within spitting distance of all the shred.

H-mo? Yeah, kinda. But... if you older folks had the chance to see Stevie Ray Vaughan or even Hendrix from that proximity, you'd have done the same thing. Thats right, I compared them.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Sweet man. I wish I could be there for all the shretal.