Thursday, July 17, 2008

Worth a Thousand What-Have-Ya's


I was searching for random images of this hike in Southern Utah that I’m finna do in mid September, when I stumbled across Michael Anderson's site, LightScapePhoto.com.

Upon, first impression I thought it was just a few pics from some random dude’s travels to different points on the map. As my index finger wheeled the screen down even further, my inner-hippy lost its damn mind. Not only are the pictures incredible, but this dude has been to about every amazing place on the planet, including the Patagonia- a place very dear to my heart.

How many times have you seen something that leaves you speechless, and the only way to preserve even a semblance of the memory is through a marginal photograph you casually snap off? Happens to me all the time. Probably happened to this guy as well, so he bought a Hasselblad CF39MS - a 39 megapixel camera that costs $43,000. Yours and my camera probably has 10 or 12 megapixels at best. His captures 4x the awesomeness and vibrancy and intensity and brutality that our simple little contraptions do.

Have look for yourself. This might actually be one of those times when the picture does do it justice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that's incredible.