Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"In my country..."


Just a thought I had today as I was lunching:

My attire today consists of Reebok shoes (British in origin, but made in China), and an Adidas track jacket (German brand, but also made in China) emblazoned with a soccer team's logo (from Argentina). I drove my Subaru Legacy (Japanese) to school where I talked to my buddy (from Denmark) and read a certificate of credit (from Spain) in my marketing class. Then, I stopped by Dask's for a gyro plate (Greek, but prepared by Mexicans) on the way to work. The soundtrack to my commute consisted of samba (Brazilian) and reggae (Jamaican).

Tonight, I will go home and fix up a cup of mate (from Paraguay) and work on some homework. Maybe I will get a second to play some blues (American) on my Fender Stratocaster (American, but built in Mexico).

Good grief, I feel like a United Nations meeting today.


4 comments:

Marlow said...

And if Alvaro is still living with you, then you have a Colombian/Chilean Wombat to come to as well.

Unknown said...

Hey if you eat at Apollo Burger tonight you can eat an American cheeseburger at a Greek restaurant cooked by Mexicans that are wearing FuBu clothes. What a country!

Kelley said...

And now your white friend with a Tongan last name is leaving you a comment......

Nicole M said...

Hey Kristjan! It's Nicole (Sonnenberg) Maughan. This is so random, but I just saw your blog on Mike & Joy's blog and had to say hi! Hope you're doing well!