Friday, September 7, 2007

Finally, a reason to live again

At last. The 2007-2008 Football Season (yes, in caps) is upon us. I have written a sonnet to express my gratitude:

Let many thanks be given,
For this sacred time of year.
Let the screams of triumph,
Ring out loud and clear.

Don't hold back the curse words,
When your team is distraught.
Don’t forget to celebrate
Lest their efforts be forgot(ten).

So grab some hot wings,
And call your bro's.
Its Monday night,
Forget your woes.

The task at hand,
Is 1st and 10.
Be they angels?
Nay... they are but men.


Wishing you and yours a happy and victorious year. Make this season the best of your lives.

-Kristjan


5 comments:

McDirty said...

Are you a Broncos fan? Lame...

McDirty said...

Go Seahawks...

Plus, I like what's called alt-country (go ahead and look it up, it's an actual genre).

Guardian Gear Equipment and Consulting said...

I just found out that I have dual citizenship!!! I am an American citizen and a citizen of Broncos Country. Fascinating.

Jenny said...

I wish I could appreciate the football thing, I really do, but I don't. And I'll admit I get jealous of the tv when all the boys abandon us on Saturday nights for college ball and Monday night for NFL.

dana ruiz said...

the beebses loved your poem! it was very inspiring.