Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The ultimate survey

Hi, thanks for dropping by to check out my new e-diary. To break this baby in...

You know those mostly-ridiculous surveys that your friends always send you while you are at work? The kind that really don't give you any insight as to what your friend is actually like? The kind that were mostly likely written by a 14 year old girl, trying to find out if a certain boy liked her? Well, here's my self-administered rendition of one of those surveys. Hopefully you will learn something new about me:

  • What is your name? Kristjan Michael Morgan
  • Where is your first name from? Norway
  • Where does your middle name originate? The King of Pop. Even Michael Jackson.
  • Where were you supposed to be born? Southern California
  • On a scale of 1 to 10, how rad do you honestly believe you are? 8.8
  • Favorite color? Hurricane Blue.. like the color of my eyes. Seriously, they have their own pan tone.
  • Dream job? Musician. What in the world could be better than playing music, changing lives, setting the mood for a makeout session, making a whole crowd of people move their bodies, inspiring the masses, traveling, and make grips of cash at the same time?
  • If you were black, what hairstyle would you sport? Long ropey dreadlocks.
  • What is your dream pet? A bat.
  • What do you do in your spare time? Create music, ride my motorcycle.
  • Who would you like to have lunch with? Bob Marley, Bear Grylls, Liu Kang
  • Talent you wish you had? Singing. Also, urban ninjitsu (i think they call it Parkour)
  • Guilty Pleaures? John Mayer, Pixar movies, magic tricks, the Electric Boogie by Marcia Griffiths
  • Things you hate: Wow, 'hate' is such a strong word... really harsh... i hate finance classes, accounting classes, homework in general, staying up late to study, red lights, getting your pay check and noticing how much was taken out for taxes, hot wind, typos, when my fingernails are long, cold showers, waiting for phone calls, tracked-out ski resorts after a big storm, when people ride their brakes going down the canyon, indecision, things that aren't fun.
  • Things you love: Things that are fun, a recently washed car, fresh powder, a new pair of sneakers, new socks, finishing something that was really hard, the smell of clean air, a cool/dark room, clean sheets, feasting, when the turbo engages in my car, trying something really good for the first time, leaving a Mtn. Dew in the freezer until its kind of slushy, being in the right place at the right time, the sound of my bike when it starts up, laughing really hard at mostly inappropriate times, laying in a hammock, exceptional chips and salsa.
  • What would you rather be doing right this very second? Fastening on a BC, getting ready to jump into the ocean for a dive, swimming in a cool river, eating a chimichanga from the Red Iguana, or driving to somewhere really neat.
  • Biggest fear? Becoming a suit-sporting working stiff, being lame after i get married
  • Have you ever almost died? Yes, i almost choked to death on a chocolate donette on the way to a zoo when I was a boy.
  • Lifestyle you wish you had right now: Neo hippy traveller living off of whatever money i could scrape together, never wearing anything more formal than jeans and sneakers.

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Kristjan,
Why don't you go ahead and add 0.20 points to your rad level factor and make it a even 9? I know you don't want to be cocky and that is why you put the 8.8, but it's okay to think that you are rad and let everyone know it. Hell, I do all the time! hahaha Like Spinal Tap...my coolness goes to 11. Also, don't say 7 either, you know that is my answer for everything (except the whole rad factor question. You catch my drift.
Kelley

Unknown said...

*Great read. I learned a lot about somebody that I thought I knew well.

You might need to add one thing to your list of guilty pleasures:

Standing in a group of rowdy Argentines, yelling at an opposing fans, and screaming something so vulgar that it stops even vile South Americans cold. "Che! Por favor! Que tengo a mis criaturas aca conmigo!"

Unknown said...

I am fairly certain that Michael Jackson was not the inspiration for your middle name. You can believe whatever you want, little brother.

Bubba said...

Oh that was cute. No, seriously. Welcome to blogdom.

Unknown said...

Let me just say that I am definitely familiar with your pastime of laughing at wholly inappropriate times.

Jenny said...

LOVE IT! Reading this was a perfect way to start out my day. We go way back, and I never knew you were a Man vs. Wild fan or that a chocolate donette could have stood between my meeting you and an amazing friendship ensuing. I miss you! When are you going to come visit me, seriously?